Scars are very common – most people have at least one on their body. When the skin is wounded and broken, the body produces more collagen, which is the body’s way of repairing itself.
Collagen builds up where the tissue has been damaged, helping to heal and strengthen the wound but the fiber composition of the protein is different resulting in fibrous tissue, hence the scarring formation.
The different types of scarring include:
- Hypertrophic scars – red, raised scars that form along a wound and can remain this way for up to five years
- Keloid Scars– caused by an excess of scar tissue produced at the site of the wound where the scar grows beyond the boundaries of the original wound, even after the wound has healed
- Pitted (atrophic or ‘ice-pick’) scars – with a sunken appearance
- Contracture scars – caused by the skin shrinking and tightening, usually after a burn, which can restrict movement
- Acne Scars – caused by intense collagen damaging skin inflammation.
Here at Persona we can offer a variety of treatments to start your journey in improving your skin. We believe in taking a personal yet professional approach to help you achieve the results you’re looking for. To ensure we select the best treatment or medical grade skincare for your skin type and concern we invite you for a complimentary Observ 520 skin scan and consultation. The scan takes 6 photographic images of your face all under different lights to reveal underlying conditions and possible damage not seen with the naked eye. We can then determine the most beneficial tailored treatment plan for you.